Find out what it means to work for NHS West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
We are an NHS organisation serving the local population of west Hampshire including the New Forest, Andover, Romsey and everywhere in between. Our job is to ensure the right healthcare services are provided in the right place to the highest quality. We do this by commissioning (or buying) healthcare services from the main hospitals, local hospitals, GPs and other providers, and supporting those providers to continually improve their services.
Our vision is to be consistently recognised for commissioning and enabling the delivery of high quality patient centred healthcare, which is innovative, equitable, efficient, effective and, where possible, prevention based, contributing to the healthiest population in England.
We recognise that how we go about our day to day work is just as important as what we do. Our values help us to be clear about what is important to us as staff, and how we should approach our work, our colleagues and our local people.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best people to work with us and help us achieve our vision.
We offer a variety of interesting and rewarding roles at all levels of our organisation and welcome applications from all backgrounds and those with or without previous experience of working in the NHS, whether you are starting out in your career or are looking for a new challenge. We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and are a ‘Disability Confident Committed’ employer.
A full induction programme is provided for all our new staff, and a probation period of six months is in place to ensure you have everything you need to be the best you can be as you continue your career with us.
In return for your skills and experience we offer opportunities to:
- Work across organisations within and beyond Hampshire to meet the needs of our local people, gaining valuable knowledge, experience and wide professional networks
- Access an array of learning and development opportunities including apprenticeships, courses and conferences, shadowing, secondments, coaching and mentoring
- Attend our annual ‘all staff event’, a day designed specifically to bring us all together, learn and reflect
- Get involved in the decisions made within our organisation through staff focus groups, polls, the NHS annual staff survey, and via our staff forum which continually looks for ways we can give our staff an even better experience at work
- Look after your health and wellbeing, with our mental health first aiders, Time to change pledge, running groups, commitment to self-care week and a variety of health awareness days running throughout the year
- Be recognised for your excellent work and commitment and enable you to say thank you to colleagues via our staff recognition scheme.
On top of the opportunities for a fulfilling job role, our generous pay and rewards package includes:
- Automatic enrolment into the NHS pension scheme which includes significant employer contributions, protection for your family and the flexibility to increase your benefits
- Reimbursement of travel expenses incurred whilst at work
- Free car parking
- Generous annual leave allocation of 27 days holiday per year (or pro rata), rising to 33 days after ten years service plus all public holidays. In addition, our annual leave purchasing and selling scheme allows you to increase or decrease your allowance of a week in exchange for pay
- A variety of flexible working opportunities as well as provision for special leave when you need time off for those unforeseen circumstances that happen to us all
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme
- Contribution of up to £50 towards eye tests, corrective lenses and frames
- Access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme, providing advice whenever you need it
- Access to an expert Occupational health team to provide support and advice to help you keep well at work
- Access to www.healthservicediscounts.com and blue light card offering discounts on a range of goods and services.
Want to know more?
If you would like to work with us, you can see our latest vacancies on the NHS jobs website