Using your information
We need to use information about you to enable us to commission services effectively, efficiently and safely. Our CCG holds some information about you. Please refer to our Fair Processing Notice which describes how that information is used, who we may share that information with and why, how we keep it secure (confidential) and what your rights are in relation to this.
Gaining access to the data we hold about you
The CCG does not directly provide health care services and therefore does not hold personal healthcare records. If you wish to have sight of or obtain copies of your own personal health care records you will need to apply to your GP practice, the hospital or NHS organisation which provided your healthcare.
Where information from which you can be identified is held by the CCG, you have the right to ask to:
- View this or request copies of the records by making a right of an access request under the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as a Subject Access Request)
- Request information is corrected / rectified
- Have the information updated where it is no longer accurate
- Where applicable, request for information to be erased
- Where applicable, request for your data to be made portable
- Where applicable, ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law
- Request whether any decisions have been made about you by an automated decision
Everybody has the right to see or have a copy, of data we hold that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data. Requests can either be made verbally or in writing. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld.
You can do this by writing or contacting the CCG:
NHS West Hampshire CCG
112 Southampton Road
Telephone: 023 8062 7444
You may also find useful: